I've been meaning to write my "weekly" blog article, but I cannot think of a thing about which to write. Normally if I was struggling for a topic I'd just pluck something prominent from the zeitgeist and riff on that for a bit, or show off a new bit of knowledge or understanding I've gained, or something; but there's nothing happening. The internet is chugging along just fine, society isn't catching fire, so-and-so hasn't said anything mean to whatsisface for ages. I don't know what to write.
So, here are some links instead.
- Responsive design, screens, and shearing layers, an article in response to Responsive Web Design: Relying Too Much on Screen Size – not entirely unrelated to a post I made at the start of the year: On the Dimensionality of Designing the Web for Mobile Devices.
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol version 2.0 (draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-08) the latest interop draft of HTTP/2.0. I wish I had the time to contribute an implementation for this, maybe a mongrel fork.
- NMatrix by SciRuby (also on GitHub), another project to which I feel like I should be contributing, despite being far from expert.
- You are NOT a Software Engineer! Possible food for thought, once you get past the annoying, overly dramatic, preachy, TEDish, from-on-high tone of which I've grown quite tired lately.
- Nerd³'s YouTube Channel [language warning: a bit sweary] and Gamespot's Top 5 Skyrim Mods of the Week, through which I vicariously live out my I-wish-I-could-be-a-gamer-again unlife.
Hopefully that will tide us over until next week, when I can't think of anything to write again.